Monday, October 17, 2011

Character Designs for Acornhead

I'm still plugging away at my MFA project. Here are some sketches.


These are 3 of the main characters in my graphic novel. I am happy with the character on the right, but not the other 2.


With the character on the left, I increased his hand and feet size to make him feel like an adolescent who was still growing into his limbs.





I have continued to work on the middle character. I'm still not sure how he will look. He is the initial antagonist.


Here is another main character who's design I haven't worked on as much.




I've also worked on some basic shapes for a few secondary characters (parents of the protagonists.)

4 comments:

Will Strong said...

Nice shapes going on here.

Mike Laughead said...

Thanks, Will.

Unknown said...

I'm really digging these. I'm excited this MFA is giving you enough time to work on a graphic novel. I know how hard it is to carve out time in non-school real life.

Mike Laughead said...

Too true, James. That's my main goal at the end of grad school, to have a graphic novel ready for publication.