Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lionel Messi Image

Messi Argentina Jersey
Messi Barcelona Jersey

I recently saw this illustration by Annette Marnat and thought I would try to emulate that style.

I've become a huge soccer fan this year. So I wanted to draw my favorite soccer player Lionel Messi. So I drew him in both his Barcelona jersey and his Argentina national team jersey.


Here is a 1680 x 1050 pixel desktop background if you would like to use it.

After really being able to watch the world cup this past summer I really wanted to keep watching soccer. I've never really played (only in grade school) but I just got into watching it. But I realized that I'm a fan of the Argentina national team (I was a missionary in Argentina for 2 years) and they only play some friendly games throughout the year and big summer competitions (like the World Cup and this summer's Copa América). So if I decided to watch the national team players, I had to watch them play on their European teams. Lionel Messi has been voted the best player in the world for 2 years running and he plays for Barcelona, so I became a fan. Sadly, Barcelona just lost the Copa del Rey yesterday. I was pretty miffed, even though it was an exciting game.

I am finishing up a sequel to "Shoes for Me" right now. Hopefully I will be able to post some preview images from that book soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These illustrations are fantastic :)Thanks for sharing :)

Mike Laughead said...

Thanks for the kind comment!

Carol said...

Hey! I would like to talk to you about using it in my brand. Could you write me? carolisleal@gmail.com
Thank you.
Cheers!

Maillot de foot pas cher said...

Messi joue dans un rôle d'attaque libre; joueur polyvalent, il est capable d'attaquer sur n'importe quelle aile ou par le centre du terrain.