Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Arale-chan Sketch!


Toriyama is my hero. I always wanted to do my own version of early Dragonball or Doctor Slump (minus the nudity and sex references).
Lately I've been having a hard time doing good artwork. A lot of junky sketches. This sketch was my attempt to get out of the rut and start having fun again. I'm on my way...

Also, I'm bummed because no place in town has the new Scott Pilgrim book and I wasn't smart enough to pre-order. Has anyone found it in Kalamazoo?

3 comments:

Erin Hunting said...

Really like the squishy shapes you've played with here. I like her little rabbit front teeth too.
Always a joy to look at your work Mike, slump or no slump. Keep it up!

Mike Laughead said...

Thanks Erin. I always love looking at your stuff as well. I want to develop your skill for line quality.

Erin Hunting said...

Thanks Mike. I'm in a current art slump of my own, so here's to inspiration!