Monday, September 10, 2007

Comic Convention, Ultimate Frisbear and some photos

Night & Day

This is an illustration for the free Kansas City newspaper "The Pitch". It is a little promo for a comic convention that is mentioned in the paper. I think that they are all identifiable characters except for the cat eared chick (I wanted one character that I could make whatever color in order to create a more balanced illustration.)

Ultimate Frisbear

I did this semi-caricature of my brother-in-law for his birthday. I've always told him that he looks like a koala, yet he has a large amount of curly blond hair. I wanted the "uniform line width" that you get in illustrator, so I used it to make this one. It was fun working in illustrator again and it also helped me to remember why I switched to photoshop.

Tyson Abercrombie

This is a picture that my wife took of my friend Tyson and me when we went to Ohio to visit him. Tyson works on the women's line of Ruehl which is one of the Abercrombie & Fitch companies (like Hollister.) This picture was taken on the actual Abercrombie campus. They have those little scooters sitting around for anyone to use to get from building to building.

Funny things about this picture, Tyson's glasses and his shirt (that thing is crazy). Not so funny things, I look like I have a gut (which some claim I do.)

Moved Computer

I recently moved my computer to my drawing table in order to have my entire workplace in one room. Though it is more cluttered it allows me to focus on my work much better. Also, my daughter Penelope is adorable.

3 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

Love the Comic-con cosplay illustration, especially the pudgy Golden Age GL guy up front. I would imagine he would use that power ring to whip up some Doritos or something.

Emilio Z. said...

hey mike, super tu trabajo. me encanto tu trabajo para la revista Friend. y otra cosa, tu beba esta hermosa. seguire viendo tu blog. gracias por los comentarios en el mio.

Anonymous said...

Lulz, did you use my WizardCon photos for references? I recognize some of them :-D