Tuesday, January 09, 2007

You'll never guess

My Threadless.com Submission
I told you I was going to do it, and I'm doing it. Please vote a $5. (If you don't something will happen to you. I'm not sure what, but I'm sure that something will happen.)

I started using Flickr.com I like what it is all about. I wonder when there is going to be a super Myspace/Blogger/Flickr/Other crap I don't use site that includes it all. Maybe never, that would be nice.

Also, you should check out my brother-in-law's Threadless entry:
Click for Allen Tenbu. Give that one a $5 as well.

So I was thinking the other night about death. My brother died a little over a year ago, and the idea really scared me. I've always believed that we have a Heavenly Father that has a plan for us that continues after death, but I was thinking about what it would really be like. It scared the crap out of me. (I guess I would never make it as a goth.) So I was trying to reconcile the way I was feeling with my feelings about my faith and I came to a realization. The spiritual expriences I have had in my life are like facts, or proofs of the gospel, but they only work for me. I know that I am a member of God's true church on the earth, but the reasons that I have for knowing that don't work for anyone else. It made me realize that religion can work for people that need to have hard evidence to believe things, but it can only work when those people feel the influence of the Holy Spirit. I just wanted to share what I was thinking about.

No comments: